Computers should talk to you. And there should be a face talking, otherwise it feels wrong and impersonal.
What does the moose do?
The moose tells jokes, from time to time. More than 2 times actually. And the “benefits” are important. You will: feel happier, become funnier, be more social, and really like your computer more. Oh, and the Moose has lots of other abilities besides telling jokes.
What am I seeing?
A true 3D real time character, speaking via text-to-speech, with lip synchronization so good, so natural, that it puts to shame everything else out there.
Why a moose?
The fundamental problems of using a human face:
- Men using male avatars on their computer will look gay. Female avatars are therefore more common, but gorgeous female avatars make men seem like geek virgins.
- Women can be very judgmental towards attractive female avatars, I’m told.
- Women and men, are not slaves or servants. Our children should never see that.
- A moose can joke about ANYTHING, without damaging its reputation.
The Moose has proven appeal and is culturally acceptable everywhere.
Why a moose? Then and now?
- Back in 1986, Black&White pixels was all we had. There was no greyscale or color and resolutions were small. The Moose’s antlers were easy to recognize back then, and I liked moose.
- (Also, talking taxidermy has been in movies for decades, so people easily accept that a moose should talk.)
- Now, the Moose has the advantage of being safe Intellectual Property. No patent trolls can challenge a lip-sync talking moose, because it is well-known ‘prior art’.